Hunger, you’re barred!
Smart Start, Date Bites, Early Bird, Energy Mix … Spoilt for choice with all those amazing Verival snacks to pick from? There’s no need to choose! Just mix your favorites all together for some delicious home-made nutty-fruit-bars!
The readymade bars are not only delicious, they’re also free from added sugar, honey and grain. There’s no need for any additional sweetness as the dried fruits are rich in natural fruit sugar, which makes the nut-fruit-bars a healthy snack. At the same time, they’re vegan, gluten-free and lactose-free. The nuts will give you an energy boost and help to prevent unhealthy cravings. Caution: the nutty-fruit-bars are highly addictive!
Recipe: Delicious nutty-fruit-bars
Cuts into 8 bars, cook: 30min
150g pack Early Bird Nutmix
100g dried fruits (sultanas, cranberries, apples, …)
200g pack Date Bites
2 tsp coconut oil
extra coconut chips, cranberries and hazelnuts for decoration (optional)
- Heat oven to 150° Spread the Nutmix on a large baking tray and bake for 10min or until golden brown. Stir the nuts occasionally so they’ll be baked evenly.
- Allow the nuts to cool. Mix them together with the dried fruits and the date pralines in a food processor until you have a smooth mixture.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan and allow to cool. Add the coconut oil to the nut-fruit mixture and continue mixing for 1min.
- Line a 15 x 15 cm baking dish with baking paper and spoon in the mixture approximately 2cm high and spread evenly. Scatter the coconut chips, cranberries and hazelnuts over the top. Pack the mix down well using your hands. Wrap the baking tray in tinfoil and let it set in a cool place for at least an hour.
- Remove the well cooled mixture from the baking tray and cut into 8 bars with a sharp knife.
The finished bars can be wrapped individually and stored in a cool place.