Granola Bird Nests for Easter
Only six ingredients are needed to create this yummy highlight for every Easter breakfast.
Granola bird nests are tasty treats, that are sure to impress. For the coming up festivities we decorated them with edible grass and Easter eggs, which tastes just as delicious as it makes them look cute. For all who prefer a more classic version, you can also use yoghurt and fresh fruit for decoration.
The recipe: Easter Granola Bird Nests
Makes: 12, time: 30min
1 tablespoon cinnamon
a pinch of salt
butter for greasing
Easter eggs of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 175*C. Grease a muffin tin and set aside (this step is very important as the nests can easily stick to the tin – so make sure to grease especially well for this recipe).
- Peel the bananas and use a fork to mesh them in a bowl. Add the honey and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the oats, the cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Combine the two bowls, stirring until evenly mixed.
- Use a spoon to portion the batter into the muffin cups, pressing up the sides to make them look like bird nests.
- Bake the nests for 10-12min, if desired press the sides again with a spoon to bring them in the right shape. Leave the nests to cool fully before you try to remove them from the tins. Decorate them with edible grass and Easter eggs.