Baked Muesli to Kick Off a New School Year
Our VERIVAL Fivegrain flakes don't only fit well into your Muesli Bowl but they also make for a great base in our Back-To-School-Energy-Cookies!
Time flies when you’re having fun and whoooosh – that’s just how quick the holidays pass by and you find yourself packing your bag for yet another challenging year. The first few days back at school can by quite hectic so it’s extra important to refuel during break times. Just because a bowl and spoon don’t really fit fell into school bags doesn’t mean that you can’t bring your muesli along with you! Just turn your rye, oat, wheat, spelt or barley flakes, some nuts and dried fruits into easy home made Energy Cookies!
To all the mums and dads out there: we wish you an energetic kick off!
50 g butter
75 g can sugar
2 EL agave syrup
4 finely chopped dates
100 g whole wheat flour
140 g VERIVAL Fivegrain flakes
2 EL shredded flaxseed
35 g chopped walnuts
35 g dried fruits (f.i. plums, cranberries, cherries etc.)
½ tsp baking powder
splash of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp cardamom
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2.Mix butter, agave and dates.
3. Add the egg.
4. In a seperate bowl mix flour, 5-grain flakes, baking powder and spices.
5. Combine the flour mix with the liquid one and stir.
6. Add the nuts, seeds and dried fruits.
7. With slightly wet hands form golf-ball sized balls and put them on a tray lined with baking paper.
8. Gently press your balls down with your hands until you reach your desired cookie shape.
9. Bake for 15 minutes and let cool off (if you can).